Wednesday 12 November 2014

Week 5 (Motivating A Team)

Of all of the things I've learned in this term is that staying motivated in a seemingly "fake" environment is quite difficult. By fake I mean a staged environment meant to feel like a workplace. Our duty so far has been to create and perfect a in a group. Theorising has become easy enough, I've learned that to get everyone on board with an idea all you need to do is start small and build off of it rather than thinking about the complicate intricacies at the very beginning of the project.

The most effective thing that motivates a team I've found so far is when everyone knows exactly what they are doing in the group. One person does music and games design, the other does art, the other does programming and the last helps with one of the latter. In my experience, when a person feels like they are going to have a true impact on the groups success, that is when they put in their best effort and feel motivated, after all, nobody wants to disappoint their peers. So far this has been working in our group but I feel like after some more clarification on our roles, this could be the most effective group to date. I'm looking to understand more about how to motivate my team but this is what I've learned so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment