Tuesday 14 October 2014

Week 3 (Leading)

Throughout our lives we learn many things about ourselves. We are learning new things about ourselves all the time. For example, this week I learned something new about myself, and that is that I am a leader, not a follower. Forgive me for sounding arrogant or stuck up, I do not mean to. By this I do not mean that I am unable to follow people's directions, or that I do not respect others. By it I mean that I feel my work ethic whilst being in charge, (solo assignments, when I am leading a group,) is far superior to my work ethic when I am in a group and do not have creative control. 

I am a very creative person and sometimes it gets the better of me. If someone is to explain something to me, my mind often races off in many different directions about what exactly they mean. I have trouble taking things for what they are and my mind often warps what I am hearing into something that it isn't. This is especially frustrating on creative group assignments such as this one. My feelings towards this are that if I am in creative control of the project, I cannot misinterpret what needs to be done as I am the person creating it. 

I don't feel like this blog would have made a whole lot of sense to anyone who isn't me, but I gave it my best shot. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment